- United Development Company (45.9%)
- Dredging, Environmental & Marine Engineering “DEME” (44.1%)
- Qatar Holding (10%)
Incorporation date: 2004
Sector: Dredging and Land Reclamation
Middle East Dredging Company is a joint venture between United Development Company, Dredging, Environmental and Marine Engineering (DEME) of Belgium, and Qatar Holding. Incorporated in 2004, MEDCO’s first task was the establishment of The Pearl-Qatar’s site where it completed dredging and land reclamation work for the Island in 2007. It owns several dredging equipments, including the state of the art dredger “AL JARRAF”, commissioned in 2011.
Beyond The Pearl-Qatar, MEDCO was awarded several major projects in Qatar, the region and internationally. . The Company led an international consortium as it completed dredging and reclamation work for the New Doha International Airport (NDIA) in 2008.In late 2010, MEDCO completed the first two phases for the Qatar-Bahrain Causeway Project. In early 2011, MEDCO was awarded the construction of two artificial islands on the Sataah Al Razboot Oilfield and is qualified at present as one of the finalists for the New Doha Port Project Tender - “Access Channel and Outer Breakwater”project,expected to be awarded early 2012.
While actively seeking and completing projects in Qatar, MEDCO also expanded its regional reach. In 2010, MEDCO completed a major project for Khalifa Port as well as construction of Ras Ghanada Channel Extension and dredging and reclamation works granted by the Department of Presidential Affairs in Abu Dhabi. In 2011, MEDCO completed a project on Boubyan Island (Kuwait). Major projects in the UAE are currently underway in Ruwais Refinery Expansion and on the Sataah Al Razboot Oilfield.
Key Achievements in 2011 and expected growth for 2012
- Growth in market share in Qatar, UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai), Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
- Utilization of MEDCO-owned Marine Equipment, Rock Positioning Spud Barges, Rock Barges and the brand new self-propelled Cutter Suction Dredger “Al Jarraf” at SARB Project in Abu Dhabi and at the New Port Project in Qatar. MEDCO deployed two mega Cutter Dredgers for dredging the very hard rock at access channel to New Port Project in Qatar.
- Execution with extreme precision of all rock installation of breakwaters, embankments, concrete Quay Walls, artificial Concrete Blocks Accropodes for Ports and Shore Protection at SARB Islands.
- Achievement of updated ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certificates.
- Our Branches in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Ras Al Khaimah are actively targeting new projects.
- Targeting new projects in Saudi Arabia, Oman and Kuwait.
For more information about Middle East Dredging Company(MEDCO), please visit www.medcodredging.com