- United Development Company (100%)
Incorporation date: 2008
Sector: Real Estate Development
Medina Centrale Company is the development and investment arm of Medina Centrale, the vibrant Pearl-Qatar community centre. Nestled between the residential, shopping and dining district of Porto Arabia and the relaxed, familyoriented beachfront community of Viva Bahriya, Medina Centrale has been conceived from the outset as the heart of The Pearl-Qatar.
The entire Medina Centrale District is being developed as a single, mixed-use property development comprising residential apartments, ample retail space and thousands of car parking spaces.
Medina Centrale offers residents benefits that include:
- Parks, plazas, water features and on street parking;
- Retail facilities in open-air promenades as well as indoor shopping facilities;
- Centralized gathering place in the district’s Central Piazza, well suited to host public activities and community events.
The Medina Centrale Company retains ownership of the development as an investment. Income is generated from leasing of the various residential and retail components of the property. The retail services are diverse, offering the following facilities:
- Spinneys, the only full-time supermarket in The Pearl-Qatar.
- A giant cinema complex: Novo IMAX.
- More than 100 quality retail units.
- Forty restaurants and cafes from around the world.
The demand to lease residential property in Medina Centrale is driven by the appeal of living in a central community characterized by low-rise buildings, abundant green space and the interesting variety of retail shops.
The Abraj Quartier Company will develop the mixed-use district of Abraj Quartier, capitalizing on the substantial value resulting from its location immediately adjacent to the entrance of The Pearl-Qatar from the mainland. The construction of the two main towers commenced in 2013.