- United Development Company (100%)
Incorporation date: 2009
Sector: Information Technology
Pragmatech is a wholly owned subsidiary of United Development Company. It was incorporated in 2009 with a focus on creating and delivering innovative information technology services and products.
The company specializes in software engineering, computational linguistics, security and privacy, algorithms, and artificial intelligence. In addition to addressing the information technology requirements of today’s modern businesses, Pragmatech commits substantial resources to research and development and is the first in its industry in the MENA region to form a dedicated research and development team focused on developing advanced business solutions in computer science. The scope of operations includes development and consulting, research and development, and training.
Solutions by Pragmatech
- Ctrl: a semantic engine for text analysis;
- Ctrl-News: an online demo service for Ctrl.Ctrl-News processes a number of online news sources and delivers to subscribers
news articles related to their subject(s) of interest;
- snagR: snagging and inspection management software for the MENA region. Pragmatech also serves as the exclusive marketer
of the software in Turkey, Greece and the United States.
- Proprietary CRM: targeting mainly the convention and visitors bureaus in the USA.
Achievements in 2011 and future plans
- snagR client portfolio growth.
- Development of Pragmatech’s CRM product – first client went live in December 2011.
- Major recognition at SemTech 2011 for the CTRL Semantic Engine.
- Launch of CTRL Chrome Extension (a live online demo of the CTRL semantic engine), Semantic Search, and a Public API service.
- Early adoption of customized news powered by the CTRL semantic engine - a leading English newspaper in the MENA region is currently using the CTRL API.
- Plans for 2012 include: (1) launching communication services based on the CTRL semantic engine; (2) sales and marketing of Pragmatech’s CRM product and (3) development of snagR USA