- United Development Company (100%)
Incorporation date: 2008
Sector: Media and Communications
SCOOP is the flagship media and communications arm of United Development Company. Since 2009, SCOOP has been assigned to manage the vast potential of advertising space at The Pearl-Qatar. The Company has developed world-class (outdoor, indoor and digital) visual media opportunities for clients wanting to showcase their brands and products at The Pearl-Qatar’s niche market.
Customers and markets
While continuing to attract an array of blue-chip clients from diverse industries to advertise at The Pearl-Qatar, SCOOP moved steadily in 2011 to become a fully-fledged media and events management agency. The finalization of the SCOOP Events Division Business Plan marked another milestone in SCOOP’s development and growth. The plan allows SCOOP to provide integrated turnkey event production services, including the management of more than eight international shows. This venture falls in line with SCOOP’s core mission of sustaining business growth through delivering five-star service and seizing a market share from local and regional clients..
Achievements in 2011 and future plans
- Awarded the Park-lit Media Project and successfully installed various proto types in the retail parking areas of Porto Arabia;
- Initiated the execution phase of the Outdoor and Street Furniture Media Project;
- Began the execution phase of Ronautica Middle East’s Porto Arabia Marina’s Way Finding project;
- Designated a permanent multi-use events venue at The Pearl-Qatar, to become fully operational by the 2nd quarter of 2012.
Inspired by UDC’s sound business culture, SCOOP is set to sustain growth and to reach further milestones in 2013.